01 September 2009

Life's Little Surprises

I just found out today that my full financial aid went through, so all I have to pay are $31 in basic fees for the entire semester! I talked with the financial aid consultant today, and she told me that with this current fee waiver (based on my current economic situation) I could be covered for up to $4,000 in community college fees.
Now, that's only for community college fees, which are only $26 per unit. If I went to a university, she said, I would probably be covered for much more, since the expenses are so much higher. Essentially, I could potentially get full financial aid coverage for university.
Well, since I don't predict that my financial situation is going to improve that drastically, sounds like things are really looking up for me and my future at university next year. Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's great news! you are definitely quite lucky. I don't know your financial situation and I'm sure thats not alot of fun but to be able to get a full ride to even just community college means you must be a great student. Being a decent student really doesnt get a person anywhere... out of state for the school I go to is about 30,000 a year- it will be a long time debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!
    Ive been thinking to go back to school but not till winter time, this just gave me hope.
    Thanks for sharing and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for financial aid! i hope mine comes in soon :)

    ReplyDelete