19 February 2009

Gold and ambition

I made a decision yesterday that I swore to myself I would not make: I've decided to actually start a novel. For years I have convinced myself that writing novels wasn't something I really could, or even wanted to, do. But alas, I am going to step over that puddle and actually give it a try. I don't plan on using it to earn my first million, or even trying to get it published or recognized.
Honestly, I just want to prove to myself that writing a novel is something within my reach. I plan on using this current semester of Creative Writing II to achieve just that.
I'll keep you all posted with updates of how it's working out. I already have my first page but I'm not going to reveal it yet ... I'm showing it in class tonight and I want to see if anybody likes it before I submit it to the world beyond.

1 comment:

  1. oooh yesss do that, do that..:) I like it how people can write novels, they have sooo many imaginations :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete