21 February 2009

Hermit month

So Jules and I have decided to have another hermit month in March, where we avoid spending money on anything but the bare necessities. Basically all we do is cook at home, go to the beach and take advantage of our Netflix membership.
I really recommend this for anybody who's needing a bit of a financial breather. Not to mention how nice it is to get away from the whole consumer culture for a bit. I can't tell you how many times I end up feeling so wasteful just from all the shit I buy and keep around. I don't know how so many people can keep doing it all the time. Must be crippling.
April's going to be a little crazy, money-wise. We're moving into a more expensive house and purchasing a TV from Julien's parents. Not to mention the vacation we're taking to Gualala, which I'll be posting several pics and videos from. It's one of those places that you have to see to really appreciate. Anybody who's been there gets it. If you haven't, well, you just don't.
Anyway, I'm going to go work on my story a bit more and start reading the Declaration of Independence. It's for my literature class. I know, a bit of a bizarre choice, but not my call. Ask the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment