09 February 2009

Video Camera

A picture of my new mini video camera!

I would say hooray for Circuit City, but it kind of feels wrong to since a bunch of people are losing their jobs. I am thinking it, but I will not say it.

Why am I wanting to celebrate? Because I scored an awesome new mini video camera for a really good price at Circuit City's liquidation sale! It's called the Flip Video Mino, a smaller, higher quality version of their original Flip Video. It's so cute and fits right into the palm of your hand. It takes really good video too - 30 frames per second with a constant frame rate and progressive scan. No, I don't quite know what that means, but it sounds good so I'll take it. Another bonus is you charge it just by plugging it into the computer. The original Flip uses batteries, which would probably be pretty annoying.

No, this isn't an advertisement for Flip that illegally snuck into my blog. I'm genuinely excited and felt like bragging a bit :).

This baby is normally almost $200 but I got it for $125 on sale. You may be asking, why did I spend $125 on a little video recorder? The main reason is because I really, really miss recording little events with my family and friends. We used to do it so often, and I still have so much fun looking at those videos. I figured at this important part of my life, all our lives, really, I really should be keeping track of it at least a little bit. Second is because the iPhone (which I plan on purchasing this summer) apparently has a terrible video recorder and I don't really plan on using it. And another reason is I felt like a little impulse buy, which I'm entitled to every once in awhile, right?

I plan on making videos and posting them on here. Should be fun - it isn't something I've ever really done before. I'm excited. Hope you are too! Well, at least until you get sick of all the Nutcracker puppet shows and shots of me driving around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment