10 February 2009

Stupid Priceless Artifacts

One thing that sucked about the aforementioned trip to Circuit City was the lost ark of golden opportunity that's still haunting me this morning as I drink my hot chai latte and listen to the warm, steady glow of flourescent bulbs overhead.

Right as I was walking into the children's DVD section I heard this loud, overweight woman in a hideous cheetah shirt proclaim "Hey, here's Alvin and the Chipmunks, would the kids want that?" The other woman replied, "I don't know, maybe." I assumed that she was talking about the live action/computer animation disaster that was released last year. I turned around to look (hey, the woman was loud, she caught my attention) just in time to see it was actually the DVD copy of The Chipmunk Adventure! Right as I was hyperventilating and preparing to jump her for the copy, she casually tossed it into her shopping cart that was stuffed with a huge, bloated supply of stupid movies she'll probably never watch.

I looked for at least 10 minutes for another copy, to no avail.

I told Julien (mon petit ami, in case you were wondering) later and HE proceeded to look for a copy as well, and ended up getting verbally attacked by some tall, thin woman who thought he was crowding her style. In the end, I went home without a copy of that beloved, hard-to-find movie that Tine (ma soeur) DOES have on DVD, but without the cute box or bragging rights of finding such a priceless artifact!

The worst part is, that woman probably didn't even realize what genius glory she held in her shopping cart, which was most likely sandwiched between the Blueray of 'Meet the Spartans' and a DVD of 'Failure to Launch.'

Tragic.

Leave a Comment:
What's your priceless artifact???

No comments:

Post a Comment